- Have you considered growing your business, but need a plan?
- Need to rally employees for the upcoming year?
- Have your Strategic Planning efforts been less than effective?
- Have you considered Strategic Planning, but don’t know how or where to begin?
Why do Strategic Planning?
- Promote employee consensus and “buy-in.”
- Organize your efforts and gain efficiencies.
- Develop/improve teamwork.
- Save time—for family, friends and fun.
- Earn more profit.
- Boost organizational morale.
A critical review of past performance by the owners and management of a business and the preparation of a plan beyond normal operational practices require a certain attitude of mind, perspective, and/or predisposition. Some essential points which should to be observed during the review and planning process include the following:
- Medium term consideration, i.e. 2-4 years
- Undertaken by owners and/or senior management
- Focus on matters of strategic or essential importance
- Strategic planning must be separated from day-to-day work
- Be realistic, detached and critical (a professional facilitator will be very helpful because owners and senior managers have a difficult time being detached or genuinely self-critical without help)
- Distinguish between cause and effect—not always an easy thing to do
- Distinguish between ends and means
- Review the strategic plan regularly, at least yearly
- The plan must be written down because time erases memory
- Outside facilitator will provide fresh perspective
Call for an appointment to learn how our strategic planning facilitation services can help take your business or organization to the next level.